February 26, 2014 2:48 PM
The North Texas Roofing Contractors Association (NTRCA), a regional association for residential and commercial roofing contractors, distributors, manufacturers and associates who maintain the highest industry standards, is pleased to announce its new 2014 board of directors and the winners of two prestigious annual awards honoring those who have made significant contributions to the roofing industry in North Texas.
During this year's NTRCA Gala and Awards Banquet, held February 15, winners for the "Associate of the Year" and "Industry Leader" awards were announced and recognized for their significant contributions to NTRCA and the North Texas roofing industry and for their exceptional client service. Past winners meet annually to choose each year’s new honorees.
The "Industry Leader" honor, the association's most prestigious recognition, was awarded to Billy Evans, a roofing industry veteran and the founder of the NTRCA. The "Associate of the Year" honor was awarded to the late Mike Cross of Superior Equipment.
The 2014 NTRCA board members were also announced during the Awards Banquet.
The NTRCA board officers for 2014 are:
- Craig Rainey, service manager at Supreme Roofing Systems (president)
- Dave Custable, principal at TriVAN Roofing and Construction, LLC (past president)
- AJ Huckaby, owner at Springtree Roofing and Restoration (president-elect)
- Gregg Walther, president of Independent Insurance Group (treasurer)
Other members of the NTRCA 2014 board of directors are:
- Scott Adams, branch manager at ABC Supply
- Rhian Cooper, territory manager at Shelter Distribution
- Kyle Davis, owner at SuperRoofman
- Nick Febo, Territory Development Manager at ER Systems
- Joe Henderson, partner at Tice Enterprises, LTD
- Matt Hines, president of MRC Contractors
- Mike Huddleston, owner of Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems
- Chris Meyer, co-owner at Crosby Roofing
- Aaron Meyr, Service Department Manager at RL Murphey Commercial Roof Systems
- Jo Ann Moreno, territory manager at GAF
- Dan Pitts, president at Pitts Roofing
During the evening, this year’s NTRCA Golden Hammer award winners, announced in late January, were also recognized. NTRCA’s annual Golden Hammer Awards recognize outstanding roofing projects completed during the prior year. Entries are judged each year on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions and safety challenges.
Contractors selected to win this year’s Golden Hammer Award for Community Service Projects were: Outback Roofing, LLC for its work for Meals on Wheels, SuperRoofman LLC for Rebuilding Together Dallas work and Toucan Roofing, LLC for its work on the Trinity Habitat for Humanity project.
Commercial Contractors that won a Golden Hammer Award this year were: Castro Roofing of Texas, L.P. for its work on the Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant; Supreme Roofing Systems for its work on the CraftMaster Manufacturing plant; and Paragon Roofing, Inc. for its work on Our Redeemer Lutheran Church.
Residential Contractors awarded a Golden Hammer this year were: Buzz Roofing and Construction for its work on the Marchand home in Dallas; Bert Roofing, Inc. for the Carradine home project in Dallas ; and Tice Enterprises, LTD for the Isbell home project in Cedar Creek Lake.
“We’re excited to welcome the new board of directors and recognize leaders who exemplify the highest standards and dedication in the roofing industry,” said Karen Vermaire Fox, executive director of NTRCA and owner of Quindigo Management, a Fort Worth-based company that manages trade associations. “We look forward to the year ahead, as NTRCA continues to raise the bar in the roofing industry in North Texas.”