The North Texas Roofing Contractors Association (NTRCA), a regional association for residential and commercial roofing contractors, distributors, manufacturers and associates who maintain the highest industry standards, announces its new 2017 board of directors and the winners of two prestigious annual awards honoring those who have made significant contributions to the roofing industry in North Texas.
During the 2017 NTRCA Awards Banquet, held February 25 at the Perot Museum in Dallas, Texas, winners of the annual "Associate of the Year" and "Industry Leader of the Year" awards were announced and recognized for their significant contributions to the North Texas roofing industry and for their exceptional service. Past winners meet annually to choose each year’s new honorees.
The "Industry Leader of the Year" honor, the association's most prestigious recognition, was awarded to Amy Reeves Perry of Perry and Reeves, LLC. The "Associate of the Year" honor was awarded to Bobby Burke of Roofing Supply Group (RSG).
The 2017 NTRCA board members were also announced during the Awards Banquet.
The NTRCA board officers for 2017 are:
- Holly L. Green, owner of Brettco Roofing (president)
- Charles Cross, Jr., commercial sales at Zenith Roofing (president-elect)
- Matt Hines, president & CEO of MRB Contractors (past president)
- Brian Pinder, territory manager at Southern Shingles (treasurer)
Other members of the 2017 NTRCA board of directors are:
- Gina Aylor, director of operations at Titan Contractors
- Adam Buttorff, president at Renown Roofing & Construction
- Sidney Curtis, roofing division manager at Buzz Roofing & Construction
- Darcy Dierking, territory manager at Beacon Roofing Supply
- Bo Jackson, sales manager at Owens Corning
- Kevin Kirkwood, president of SRG Roofing
- Chad Lacefield, business partner at Venture Roofing Supply
- Matt Moody, managing partner at ABC Supply
- Bryan Payne, vice president at Chamberlain Roofing & Waterproofing
- Chance Payne, steep slope regional sales manager at GAF
- Tim Rainey, CEO of Supreme Roofing
- Kirk Scott, owner of Scott Exteriors
Additionally, the following four experts will serve as Ex Officio NTRCA board advisors in 2017:
- Traci Garner Davis, First Texas Insurance Services - insurance expert
- Karen Ensley, Cutler Smith, PC - attorney
- Paul Ramon, Ramon Roofing - RCAT representative
- Don Wood, Suncoast Claims – public adjuster
“Our 2017 board of directors is committed to excellence and service in the roofing industry, and we are excited to welcome each of them to our organization,” said Karen Vermaire Fox, executive director of NTRCA and owner of Quindigo Management, a Dallas/Fort Worth-based company that manages trade associations. “We look forward to their expertise and dedication in the coming year, as NTRCA continues to be the premier resource for roofing contractors working and doing business in North Texas.”
During the evening, this year’s NTRCA Golden Hammer award winners were also recognized. NTRCA’s annual Golden Hammer Awards recognize outstanding roofing projects completed during the prior year. Entries are judged each year on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions and safety challenges.
Contractors selected for this year’s Golden Hammer Award for Community Service Projects were: Springtree Roofing & Restoration for their work on the Montgomery Project and Springtree Roofing & Restoration, Energy Roofing Solutions and ER Systems for their teamwork on St. Philip’s Episcopal Church.
Commercial Contractors who won a Golden Hammer Award this year were: Supreme Roofing for its work on the Worthington Renaissance Hotel; KPost Roofing & Waterproofing for its work on the Jim and Sally Nation Hall at DBU; and Texas Roof Management, Inc. for its work on the Old Municipal Building.
Residential Contractors selected to receive a Golden Hammer Award this year were: RJ Construction for its work on the Allsup residence; Pitts Roofing for its work on the Alexander residence; and Bert Roofing, Inc. for its work on the Eiland residence.
Pitts Roofing was also selected to win the 3rd Annual Green Roofing Golden Hammer Award for its work on the Harbison residence.
Sponsors for the 17th Annual NTRCA Awards Banquet included: ABC Supply Co. Inc. (lead sponsor); and specialty sponsors Beacon Roofing, GAF Materials Corporation, Southern Shingles, CertainTeed, Hoch Law Firm, Venture Roofing & Building Supply, IKO, First Texas Insurance Services, Owens Corning, Hunter Panels, Ridge Top Aerial Technologies, Johns Manville, Conley Group, ThermaFoam LLC, Malarkey Roofing Products and Cutler Smith.
Table sponsors for the event were: Beacon Roofing Supply, Brettco Roofing, C-CAP, DTEC, ER Systems, Empire Roofing, Frazier Roofing & Guttering, KPost Roofing & Waterproofing, MRB Contractors, Nations Roof Central LLC, Pitts Roofing, SPEC Building Materials, Springtree Roofing & Restoration, Supreme Roofing, Texas Roof Management, Titan Contractors, RJ Construction and Zenith Roofing.