November 06, 2018 6:52 PM
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has announced the preliminary Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety violations for fiscal year 2018.
The top 10 violations seen by OSHA in fiscal year 2018 (as of Oct 23, 2018) are:
- Fall protection at 7,270 violations
- Hazard communication at 4,552 violations
- Construction scaffolding at 3,336 violations
- Respiratory protection at 3,118 violations
- Lockout/tagout at 2,944 violations
- Construction ladders at 2,812 violations
- Powered industrial trucks at 2,294 violations
- Fall-protection training in construction at 1,982 violations
- Machine guarding at 1,972 violations
- Eye and face protection in construction at 1,536 violations
This is the first time that Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment—Eye and Face Equipment and Fall Protection—Training Requirements have appeared in the list of top 10 violations.